Message from Avalon Lions Club President Jim Collins:
Welcome to the Avalon Lions Club Home Page. On this web-site we present basic information regarding the Avalon Lions Club; who we are, what we do, how we are organized and what we strive to achieve. For day to day and changing information, please see our Facebook page at facebook.com/AvalonNjLions or click on the facebook icon above.
Who We Are:
- 100+ civic-minded men and women of Avalon and local
communities bound together under Lions Clubs International
"To Serve", and meet community needs.
- EMT's, Firefighters, Business Owners, Realtors, Doctors,
Municipal Officials and Retirees. We reflect our community.
What We Do:
- Conduct Fundraisers for the Blind and Needy; examples:
- Helen Diller Vacation Home (HDVH) for Blind Children
- Food Pantries and Food Banks
- Volunteers in Medicine
- Toys for Tots
- Eye Banks
- Provide Volunteers for Community Service Events; such as:
- Charity Races
- Glasses Recycling
- Spring and Fall clean up of HDVH
- Bay Atlantic Symphony Support
- Enjoy Fellow Lions camaraderie at Service and Fundraising events, and monthly dinners
- All administrative costs, including dinners, are paid for by individual members
I welcome you to email us, or feel free to call me at (609) 967-7005, or you can write me at 25 Flamingo Drive, Avalon NJ 08202 should you have any questions about the Avalon Lions Club.
Our Motto is "We Serve"
Jim Collins, President, Avalon Lions Club